To complete this component, I took two classes that tackled social and cultural, economic, political, and global challenges to better the needs of society. The two classes are:

• COM263 (Elements of Intercultural Communication): I took this class in Spring 2017. I initially signed up for this class to complete my C&G credit, but fully enjoyed the topics and discussions present. Through this class, we discussed the social and cultural challenges that arise in areas such as nonverbal langauge, language itself, and conflict resolution. I have always had a passion for psychology and having this additional background will improve my communication skills and allow me to better help other people.

• STS332 (Global Issues in Science and Technology): I took this class in Fall 2016. I have always liked to get a big picture approach on the work I was doing, and felt that this class would provide me with a good background on different issues within science and technology. Through the class, I learned the positives and negatives for each topic, allowing me to make a more well informed opinion. Having this experience in understanding different perspectives and combining them to create your own opinion is a skill I will use often in the future.