Share This:    Delicious Bookmark   Digg Bookmark   Diigo Bookmark   Facebook Bookmark   LinkedIn Bookmark   MySpace Bookmark   StumbleUpon Bookmark   Twitter Bookmark

Hello! My name is Akhila Murella, and I am a senior graduating in May 2018 with a Bachelors in Computer Science as well as minors in Mathematics and Digital Culture. I joined the engineering program my freshman year because I wanted to use engineering to make a social impact that would benefit a wide variety of people. By learning about the Grand Challenges of Engineering throught classes and experiences, I knew that I would grow as an engineer and understand how to better create a social impact.

Over the last four years, through the challenges I sought out, people I met, and experiences I gained, I have learned to take a more human centric approach to designing solutions. These skills are discussed throughout my portfolio, especially in the interdisciplinary, entrepreneurship, and service learning components. These are also skills that I will use throughout my career. I started off with the Grand Challenge Theme of Health because I have always been interested in giving people the tools to succeed on their own. I found that the best tool to give is helping someone take care of their health. My career goals are to work on programming prosthetics to give people an experience at a improved life or analyze bioinformatics to predict the onset diseases based upon prior information. In my last four years, I was able to work on many tasks that related to health. These experiences are described throughout my portfolio in the research and global components. I hope you enjoy reading through the portfolio!