My name is Jessica Sherman and I am from Phoenix Arizona. I am an Informatics major with a concentration in Enterprise and a minor in Business. I came to ASU because of the amazing opportunities for growth. At ASU, I joined an engineering sorority, Hillel the Jewish organization and the Grand Challenge Scholars Program.

I joined the Grand Challenge Scholars Program because I want to improve the world while gaining valuable life skills. I think that GSCP helps to provide students with a plan to achieve the most in college and change the world. I am extremely passionate about sustainability and sustainable energy solutions. I interned at Arizona Public Service and worked on their Electric Vehicle program. Learning about how complicated EV rollout is and what infrastructure changes need to be made, got me interested in the complexities of sustainable energy generation as well. I was so inspired, that I chose the carbon impact of the transportation system as my thesis topic for the honors college.

This portfolio is a summary of my experience in the Arizona State University Grand Challenge Scholars Program.