Apart from the research conducted at ASU, I worked with Dr. Hermano Krebs at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology through the MIT Summer Research Program (MSRP) on Biology and Neuroscience. During my 10-week research training program, I worked at The Newman Laboratory for Biomechanics and Human Neurorehabilitation. My project consisted of developing game interfaces for the MIT Skywalker, a robot focused on gait rehabilitation for stroke and cerebral palsy patients. I spent most of my effort on translating engineering concepts into programming to design efficient games, which will improve therapy by making patients aware of their walking patterns.

My research at MIT provided great insight to the challenges of programming rehabilitation software. These research experiences furthered my passion for applications of rehabilitation tools in translatable research. Being part of MSRP and the Human Mobility Lab have encouraged me to pursue what I truly want to do: improve the quality of life of people with disabilities through translational research.