My background in the Grand Challenge Scholar Program is different from most scholars. I joined the program as a sophomore, after hearing about the goals and objectives of the program from one of my engineering friends. Due to my schedule inflexibility, I was not able to take FSE 150, Grand Challenges for Engineers earlier in my undergraduate years; therefore, I took this class as a senior. The goals of this class are to get exposed to all 14 grand challenges and to develop a unique plan to complete the requirments of the GCSP. With almost all my requirements covered, this course served as a confirmation of what I want to do after graduation. It also helped me value everything I have done in the last four as a biomedical engineering student. I have realized the importance of meeting up with advisors regularly to plan not only classes, but academic involvement as well.

For the second requirement for the interdisciplinary component, I decided to take SOC 334: Technology and Society. As a behavioural science class, this course has also helped to fulfill some of the requirements needed for my future career as a Physical Therapist. I believe, this class in conjunction with other interdisciplinary and global courses have helped me define my career in terms of the engineering applications of biomedical engineering overall.