I am a cultural creative who supports the transformation of individuals, communities, and societies to co-create continually higher levels of health and vitality--in other words, thrivability. More traditional titles/descriptions of what I do include practitioner, scholar, and teacher of regenerative design, development, and living. Regenerative aproaches move beyond sustanability toward thrivability for all life. They include and transcennd sustainable and ecological design, development, and living. I do this through three collaborating organizations I created to address the inner and outer shifts that are necessary for regeneration: Regenerative Living Institute (ReLI) (501(c)(3) non-profit); Koru Collaborative; and Shamanic Church (508(c)(1)(a)). I created and continue to implement and adapt the Regenerative Community Development (RCD) Framework, the only framework in existence to guide the manifestation of thriving human + more-than-human life.

I am Director and Founder of Regenerative Living Institute (ReLI), where we support the shift toward regeneration in individuals, communities, cities, regions, and beyond through consulting, education, and research. We are actively co-creating regenerative communities now! We are also rolling out exciting educational programs in Spring 2022 in regenerative design and development, regenerative food systems, natural building, regenerative leadership, and more!

I am also Principal and Co-Founder at Koru Collaborative, a regenerative development and design (design-build) consulting firm that brings together experienced teams of practitioners and communities to intentionally co-create thriving living systems at all scales. ReLI supports Koru as it manifests regenerative communities and projects at all scales.

These roles build on my 25+ years of experience and expertise in the fields of sustainability consulting; sustainable and ecological design and planning; sustainable, natural, and health-inducive building; landscape design; restoration ecology; invasion biology; and holistic health, life, and spiritual coaching.

I am Director and Facilitator at Shamanic Church, which serves as the container to support the expansion of consciousness necessary for regnerative living, communities, and culture. I support individuals and communities in consciousness expansion using techniques that are thousdands of years old as well as their contemporary evolutions.

As a scholar, my current work has two major pathways that are complementary:

I. The first research pathway involves understanding how socio-ecological (i.e., living) systems can be designed, planned, and developed to be optimally healthy for all life and to catalyze vitality across scales. I address two major themes:

1. How and to what extent regenerative development and design frameworks and processes work to shift people's thinking and consciousness to understand, experience, and manifest the connectedness amongst all life in a system?   

2. How and to what extent regenerative development and design outcomes shift living systems towards increasing systemic health and vitality?

Within these two themes, I examine what common success factors, challenges, and approaches to overcome challenges are. I use mixed-method qualitative and quantitative approaches to create transferable, actionable knowledge bridging the knowledge-action gap in sustainability, design, planning, and development.

II. The second research pathway involves understanding the role of various consciousness-altering practices to shift individuals' and communities' consciousness, and their resulting behaviors, to be more regenerative. I examine the depth of the consciousness shift,

1.  What are the effects of specific practices on consciousness and associated worldviews, paradigms, and values? 

2.  What is the relationship between shifted consciousness (and worldviews, paradigms, and values) and shifted behaviors? What are enablers and blocks to individuals and communities linking changed consciousness with changed behaviors?

If any of this sounds interesting, reach out! I/we welcome collaborators, clients, students, patrons, donors, and supporters.