Share This:    Delicious Bookmark   Digg Bookmark   Diigo Bookmark   Facebook Bookmark   LinkedIn Bookmark   MySpace Bookmark   StumbleUpon Bookmark   Twitter Bookmark

Hello, my name is Marisol Luna Aguero - welcome to my GSCP Portfolio! I am currently an undergraduate student in Civil (Environmental) Engineering, with a minor in Sustainability, at Arizona State University. Upon my arrival at ASU, I knew that I wanted to do sustainable work with my engineering degree and the Grand Challenge Scholars Program has allowed me to explore the many pathways that I can take in my professional future through the Grand Challenge theme of Sustainability. 

The Grand Challenge Scholars Program has provided me with opportunities to take my degree past the engineering mindset. It has challenged me to look at problems from social, political, and sustainable points of views. Through the program, I was encouraged to do research and join organizations that have become major parts of my undergraduate experience. 

Thanks to the Grand Challenge Scholars Program, I became involved with Engineers Without Borders my first year. As a senior, I am the president of the student organization and the leader of an entrepreneurial project in the Navajo Nation. I was able to travel to India, to begin a project to provide sustainable access to clean water in a rural village near the city of Pune, with funding from the program. Overall, I would have not had the same engineering experience without the Grand Challenge Scholars Program. I am able to say that I have many dimensions to my abilities as an engineer that will allow me to pursue as a professional, which I started as an undergraduate. 

In this portfolio, you will find the summaries and insights into my experiences as a Grand Challenge Scholar. Enjoy!