Welcome!

Hello! My name is Nathaniel Shantz and welcome to my Grand Challenge Scholars Program portfolio! This portfolio documents my journey throughout my undergraduate program at Arizona State University with the added challenge of the GCS program. 

About Me

I am a Software Engineer in the class of 2018 studying at Arizona State University. My focus is currently Embedded Systems (think software in your car) and my studies have allowed me to work at Intel as an intern for my last two years of college. I have always been torn growing up between pursuing engineering of some form and flying, and I used a degree in Software Engineering (I enjoy the challenge and it affords me the most flexibility) to help me determine which path to take. Through this program I discovered I really enjoy the challenge of engineering and I love seeing people use the stuff I create. Now, I am dedicated to finding work on cutting edge technology that allows me to help shape the world and the next areas of technology for humanity.

Grand Challenge Focus Area

With the information about me, it should be no surprise that my Grand Challenge that I focused on was "Engineering the Tools of Scientific Discovery". I was torn between this challenge and the challenge of "Enhancing Virtual Reality", but this challenge allowed me to focus on finding projects that fit my drive to help develop cool new projects without limiting my scope. So everything in this portfolio will either directly or indirectly contribute to my goals of influencing the world through my contributions. 

Share This:    Delicious Bookmark   Digg Bookmark   Diigo Bookmark   Facebook Bookmark   LinkedIn Bookmark   MySpace Bookmark   StumbleUpon Bookmark   Twitter Bookmark