During the summer of 2015,  I worked as a Language Helper at the Global Launch (formerly American English and Culture Program) at Arizona State University. This fulfilled the internship requirements of at least 150 hours of ESL experience needed to complete my Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) certificate. 

Global Launch is an Intensive English Program (IEP) where students from several countries come to learn English as part of a non-credit program. Many of these students plan on transferring to one of Arizona State University's degree programs. Others take the courses at Global Launch to become proficient enough in English to pass the Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or  International English Testing Service (IELTS) exam. The program ranks students in six levels: Basic 1, Basic 2, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2, Advanced 1, and Advanced 2. 

As a Language Helper, my responsibilities were to work with students in small groups during the program's extracurricular activities. These activities included Reading Theater, Reading Circles and Conversation Club. I also was responsible for arranging Conversation Groups with assigned students on a weekly basis for students looking for extra small-group conversation practice. The program also included activities and excursions to cultural events in Arizona.