Welcome to my GCSP portfolio! My name is Becca and I am pursuing my BSE in Industrial Engineering with a minor in Sustainability. I will graduate in May 2017.

The Grand Challenge theme that I chose to complete was Sustainability. Sustainability is ultimately about the endurance of society in a changing world and how we can ensure that we meet the needs of the present without compromising the needs of the future. I am interested in the interactions between society and the environment and how engineering plays a role in these interactions. I have been able to further my understanding of sustainability and its challenges through research and coursework through the GCSP.

The GCSP has allowed me to grow as a student and to learn how to creatively and critically solve problems. This program has given me a supportive community of people who are passionate about finding solutions to engineering challenges. I served as Secretary for the Grand Challenge Scholars Alliance, the student organization associated with the program, for the 2015-2016 school year. As an officer, I was able to meet many students in the program and see the importance of being a Grand Challenge Scholar. Events I have attended through the GCSP, like faculty mixers, career workshops, and industry networking, have encouraged me to complete the program by showing me the value of being a well-rounded engineering student. Being a GCSP student will assist me in my future career by giving me the skills to compete in a global, entrepreneurial, and technical workforce.

Share This:    Delicious Bookmark   Digg Bookmark   Diigo Bookmark   Facebook Bookmark   LinkedIn Bookmark   MySpace Bookmark   StumbleUpon Bookmark   Twitter Bookmark