the ability to use novel approaches for generating, investigating, and representing ideas.

Creativity is also a weak area for me. I am very systematic and sometimes randomness makes me more flustered than inspired. Fortunately, drafting my work has helped me become more creative by having me think of new approaches to sentences. The two multimodal projects were a blast for me! Even though I don't consider myself creative, I absolutely love detail and colour and beauty! The first trailer I made reminded me of a sad donation commercial, spreading a sad message with sad music in the background. I enjoyed composing this because I would relate the photos to correspond with the music playing, and I aimed it so that my viewers would feel the emotions that I was feeling. I wanted my readers to relate with the Virginia Tech Massacre, and so I tried to make the multimodal as thoughtful and inspiring as I could. With the second project multimodal, at first I was clueless as how I was going to approach it. I didn't know if it was financially possible for me to purchase a week's worth of work, and I definitely knew that I did not have the space for it either. Then, it kind of hit me. I knew my diet consisted of snacks and pizza, and that's when I decided to pick the picture of the Revis family that way I could relate my diet to theirs. I also decided to keep all me garbage, as somewhat of a literal metaphor that "The food I eat is garbage." I not only had to think about how to arrange my "food," but I had to think about what clothes to wear and what facial expression to wear.  I even thought to hold up a sign with the total amount of money I spent of the food, so thought my audience new the context of how much my budget was for food that week. I really liked the direction I went with the project, because it ended up showing my audience that even though I come from a good family and live in a well-off place, I still succumb the bad eating habits due to my culture. It was not only a reality check for my audience, but it was a reality check for me! Since this project, I am inspired to eat more healthy, and even get more creative with my diet! I've started to eat more vegetables and fruit, and basically I've cut myself off of chips and pizza, sadly. No more trans fats for Sarah! I am happier. I feel happier, and I feel like this project actually had a more positive outcome then I ever would have hoped for my diet.

I prepared some Tyson chicken, which usually takes me about twenty minutes to prepare. When I started preparing the food, I noticed that I was mildly hungry. Not “starving” as most people would say, but I was definitely peckish. When the food done, the first thing I noticed was the smell of the food. It made me linger to taste the food, and all I could think about was eating the food. My brain made my thought process from then on all about consuming the ready-to-eat chicken laying right in front of my eyes. At this point, I realized how hungry I actually was. My stomach felt empty. The chicken looked better prepared and ready then from its originally frozen state. Even the texture of the food was more appetizing to me. I noticed my body automatically attempting to hunch over to be closer to the food, and I could not stop staring at my meal. I noticed my salvation had increased, as if I was a wild animal, and I also noticed my need to sit down, because I never normally eat standing up. My legs began to crave the couch (where I usually eat), and I felt really conformable once I had taken this position. The food looked more colorful to me, and I could see the steam rising off of it more than usual. I thought about the history of the food. What I was about to eat used to be a live chicken, running around on a farm eating chicken feed all day. I then thought about how the chicken farmers probably saddled up the chickens and put them in a big truck to be transported to a factory. This actually made me lose my appetite a little bit because I empathized for the cooped-up chickens. The chickens were then killed, and this meat was put into bags that read “Tyson” and transported to local food markets around the country. I thought about the minimum-wage workers who took these boxes off the delivery truck and put them on the designated shelf in grocery stores. Then I thought of myself choosing this bag off of their shelves, purchasing it, and taking it back home to my oven. The process from beginning to end made me realize how much work was actually put in for the privilege of me to be eating this right now. The first bite I took, I noticed the meat falling apart in my mouth. I noticed the crunchiness verses the softness of the chicken, and I noticed the subtlety of the meat flavour mixed the spiciness added to it. I noticed my posture became better, and my back and neck became less tense. My stomach at first felt like it “sped up” in a weird way, and was working out all the food since I hadn’t eaten in a while. Then once my stomach was a little full, I could tell my it was experiencing the luxury of the food. I felt instant happiness and all my stress from the day exited my body. Once I was done, my body felt lazy and I felt a little sleepy. My thoughts were more relaxed, and I didn’t feel a need to walk very fast or talk very fast either. It reminded me of being in the hot sun, and how your movements are slower so you don’t expel so much energy. I was so full, I basically didn’t want to expel too much energy and upset my stomach. My stomach just did an intense work out.