My writing fellow really showed me how to document my work correctly! In the ebook, it explains how to properly paraphrase a long quote so that it’s, well, not long. This helped me a lot because I learned that I could just summarize what was being said. If I still cite it, it’s not plagiarism. I found the references familiar to write since I’m used to research essays from high school. The only difficulty was defining the source correctly. Sometimes, sources wouldn’t even have authors or dates and so I would have to either use another source or go into a PDF to figure out who actually published certain articles.

Even through high school, I have had folders upon folders in my documents pertaining to my classes. I not only has a Project 1 folder, but Project 2, Discussion Boards, Home-works, Extra Credit Assignment, and Miscellaneous. I also included a Best Work folder for the stuff that I was most proud of. I found that if I kept this folder, I could easily go back to it and look at something that I accomplished in one of my previous papers, and use the same method for a current paper. This means of documentation for me helps. I was also the person in high school to have a messy notebook, and this is unfortunate because I could never look back to my notes properly. I would either have to search for an hour, and I just would not find it. On the computer, I know where it is exactly located and so I can easily reference my notes however many times I please! It's one of my reasons for taking online school, just because I am a lot more organize on the computer.