During the first few discussion board posts in this course, I had a difficult time answering questions specifically. My evidence was not usually relevant. To keep me on track, I started to resort to the basic questions: who, what, when, where, why, and how. Using this formula aided me in evaluating the questions. When I discovered what the differences were between primary and secondary sources in the eBook, I found that I could support my evidence properly and integrate my point more relevantly. I started to learn how to state actual facts instead of my own personal details.

My father is a Physicist, a scientist, and so growing up he always taught me to look at everything as an experiment. However, for English this was difficult for me to understand at first because I consider English expressive rather than experimental. As I have progressed through my projects, I have began to truly understand the experimentation side of English. Searching for sources is something that I do everyday - I'm constantly Googling questions that I have about the world and I'm always reading different articles to solidify my worldviews. Incorporating the idea of this into my writing came to me quickly, and I wondered why I had never tried this before. This concept "clicked" for me, and now whenever I write, I am going to search information on my topic and not just rely on my thoughts. 

While researching for my second project, I realized that I needed a process to get the most reliable and relevant information possible. I first searched for the opinions on food from around the world and kept the sources I thought were the best, I thought of this as pathos researching. I also searched for actual Hungry Planet information, such as videos and interviews with Peter Menzel, reminding my of ethical appeals. Finally, I looked across the Internet for sources of facts. I read quotes, looked at graphs, read statistics, etc, and this reminded of rhetorical logic. I feel like my writing more sufficient because of this. I seem to have a pretty good eye for what is a reliable source and what is not, and so using this method helped me keep my sources more relevant to my essays.