the ability to adapt to situations, expectations, or demands.

With me still working at my job full-time and also working on how to better my mental state, I have learned how to become flexible and adapt to surprises. Deadlines for some reason stick with me – I think because I’m a numbers person. For me, keeping a deadline in mind aids me because then I can work out the days, hours, and minutes to work on it in my free time or make time to work on it. During the first week of this class, I managed to book my vacation without realizing it until the last minute! However, even though I was out of the state, I still managed to get on dial-up and complete the assignments of this class to the best of my ability. I definitely understood it was my fault for my poor planning, but I was still able to adapt to the situation and meet the demands of the class deadlines. Another thing I had to adapt to my the reviews of my first drafts - for both projects. Each time, I thought my paper was flawless and would barely have any criticism. Then, my peers would basically tear my whole essay apart, and even for Project #1, I had to rewrite my entire essay. Adapting to his was hard, but I knew that I needed to meet the expectations that the professors wanted, because that's what would ultimately decide my grades. I consider life like one big attempt: we are all just trying to do the best we can even with the odds going again us. I think the secret to adaption is mindset. If change happens, I just take it lightly. I take most things as they come, and learn to incorporate changes into my own life. When I was fourteen, I decided to separate from my twin sister to go to an arts school to study Opera. This was extremely, extremely difficult. I had to literally leave my blood-related best friend bad in Canada while I was in a completely different country. Since this point, I have learned how to cope with life, and understand that it's an eternal roller coaster. I still talk to my sister every day on the phone, and luckily on the Internet since everyone does that nowadays. I have learned to adapt to new situations before, and so when I was hit with them in this class, it was easy for me to understand.