the willingness to consider new ways of being and thinking in the world.

Once again, I’ve always been an open-minded person. I am always excited for change rather than against and I’m always up for trying new things. I can be stubborn at times, however after the initial “freakout,” I usually calm down and become more rational. At the beginning of this course, I started hearing feedback from my teachers and it was the exact same feedback that I heard in high school. It angered me that even after these past few years, I haven’t gained any intelligence in this area at all and I considered myself to still be a poor writer. After this however, I finally got the courage to ask why I was making the same mistakes again. Now, I’m glad I did that because if I had not been open-minded, I would have still been ignorant of the mistakes I was making.

I was sitting for this. At the beginning, I immediately closed my eyes so that I could concentrate on relaxing my body. This felt very similar to me. When I’m doing yoga or I'm exercisizing, I think about this relaxing feeling. It also felt similar to when I’m about to go to sleep and when I’m shutting my mind off for the day. After the meditation, my back and my neck no longer felt tense and the little tiny stress headache that I had all day disappeared. I have a very poor posture and so I constantly seek aid in relieving my back, neck, and shoulders. This felt very similar to what I would feel if I was getting a massage except I was feeling it with my mind. As I was exhaling, I imagined all the tension is my body just blowing away, as if it were passing in the wind. As soon as the lady started talking about releasing tension in my feet, I could feel my feet vibrating and hot. As they started to cool down, I did the same thing with my hands. I noticed that my jaw was tight so I actually lifted up my head and neck upwards to stretch out my spine, and this gave me the great upward feeling. I leaned back on the pillow behind me and I could feel myself no longer wanting to arch forward. I could’ve fallen asleep, it was so calming. Once I opened my eyes, I felt a silence in reality. It was very quiet but I was content. I felt that I had just used some sort of chi to take off all the weight of responsibility I had put on myself that day.