After writing my first draft for project 1, I was under the impression that it was my best writing. I wondered how my peer reviews would turn out. Then I read comments from my friends, family, classmates, and teachers and realized that I had a lot of work to do. I had to fix mistakes in all areas of my writing. I had to fix mistakes for not only context but also even basic convention errors. I decided to not attempt to write another draft and I just edited each paragraph from scratch. I think I edited more than I actually kept sentences. I was content with my first project at the end because I feel like I considered a lot more issues to fix as I edited more and more. I now feel much more confident with my writing.

Having teachers as parents has given me the knowledge first-hand of how successful multiple drafts are. I have seen my essays evolve from little communication to full detail with at least two drafts. However, taking this class has made me realize that too much editing is impossible. A writer can always improve, and so when I started editing my essays for the third or fourth time, I felt closer to perfection and understood more of the project as a whole. I have always felt that I over-think most things in life, yet with editing I do not seem to do that. I think as I write, I tend to lose purpose and over-think individual concepts. But as I edit, each time differs from another and allows me to process my own writing with new mindsets. 

I am satisfied the most with way the I have revised both of my essays and their structures. I chose to center on my essay purpose, and in general I made it easier for the reader to follow along with my writing. Now, my essays sound better and specific parts are remembered more clearly and specifically. The only way I could edit better is by noticing my lack of purpose before composing my first draft! Perhaps even creating ideas right off the bat with a more precise outline could aid me in doing so. Overall, this entire drafting experience has enabled me to communicate at a higher level.