I mostly composed in online formats for this class. However, when I first create an outline for each essay, I actually write it out on paper so I could erase and move around ideas as I please. The research I had to do for my second project was a mix on electronic formats as well as books, videos, and graphs. I find that when first composing my ideas on paper, my first ideas start out more broad. I am more prone to make sudden changes and move things around, and so that why I stick to the pen and paper for the part. My outline always looks like a crazy spider web. but somehow I can still manage to follow it once I have started to write it in a Word Document. I feel like Word is my safety system. Even for this portfolio, all of this writing was first written using that application. I feel safe with it because you can spell check, use a thesaurus, and it was tell you when a fragment is used. Also, if your computer suddenly dies, Word Document automatically saves your work. This is fantastic because I remember many occasions using my schools out-of-date computer systems, and it would die and I would lose everything! At least using Word, it will save any changes you make at all to the document, and it will ask you if you want to close the documents with or without saving your changes. I definitely feel safer and I do not have to be afraid of losing all of my work. It's all here, and it will always be to look back upon.