Skills & Interests

I am interested in helping people. I think it's why I am good at my current job. Over the years and with my experience I have been able to hone in my skills of making the moment right no matter what. To go above and beyond for people. Helping those in need is why I want to become a counselor, I feel there are so many ways I can go above and beyond to help those who need it. 

In my academics, I tend to do the best when discussing ideas with a group of people. Everyone has different ways of interpreting what the question is and it is a really great way to get different solutions to the problem. Being a visual learner, I like to see things laid out very clearly. My notes are extremely organized. I also like to plan everything. People rely on me not to forget when things are due or what we have to do next so looking one step ahead is usually my goal to make sure nothing is missed.

I was lucky to be able to be creative my whole life. I think it is important to let a child express themselves.  I took dance lessons from a very young age and was able to continue it into college. Very many awards and trophies still sit in my room as I look back on the competitions I did. Dance was always an outlet for me, for my emotions I took to the stage and showed people what I could do. Now, along with my full time job, I teach dance to underprivileged children. Most of them have two left feet, but the feeling of love and accomplishment when they get a step we've been working on is worth every minute.