I've always had a knack for customer service and helping people. Once I was old enough to start working I started in a chain restaurant. I found myself always working in the retail/food establishments. I found early on I had a taste for management and I found I was good at it. I worked my way up the chain, working my way into management.  It was a great feeling to see my hard work paying off. After a round of layoffs, I found myself between jobs and finding little things to pass the time. I worked at Toys R Us for a short time and was quickly promoted to customer service. I was part of a team of employees that retained employment after the holiday season. After my time at Toy R Us was done, I got the job at Starbucks. My whole world opened when I got hired there. After showing my talents I was quickly promoted to shift supervisor and have been working hard towards the next step for promotion. Recently I moved to Seattle where I opened the first Reserve store in the corporate headquarters. Currently, I work at the Seattle Reserve Roastery as an Operations Lead and look forward to moving into a Human Resources promotion hopefully soon. I love to make the customers connection with my guests. Customers come back to see us and we become like a home away from home for them. With Starbucks, my options have opened and I am able to complete my degree and start my new journey to what I really want to do. Helping children and changing one child at a time. Kinda sounds familar...