WELCOME!

Hello, my name is Silvana Domaz. I was a software developer for 10 years and now I’m pursuing my second career as a Professor of Spanish and Portuguese.

I will complete my Ph.D. in less than 3 years and my goal is to bring my experience in technology to the foreign language classroom, be that face-to-face, hybrid or the online classroom.

We all know that the future of college education is changing, universities are no longer physical structures but environments for digital education and globalization. We as foreign language professors need to adapt to this new environment.

My research focus on the development of students’ oral proficiency in online environments using pedagogically sound, tech-enabled language learning applications that can deliver a better experience and greater results.

Currently I’m working on a project to create an augmented reality game oriented towards the development of oral proficienty for Spanish learners. This will be the first mobile reality game app of its kind!