DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
Writing Project 2 Suggestion: Writing with Class Photos from October 15, 2015
- Choose a salient or significant quote from "Our Universities: The Outrageous Reality," by Andrew Delbanco. Introduce and analyze the quote. This quote will help to anchor the main persuasive theme of your essay.
- Click through the photo gallery below and select a photo to illustrate the quote. Then, describe the photo with very specific details.
- Next, interpret the photo beneath the surface. What does the photo leave out? What goes on behind the scenes? What senses, emotions, and/or people are excluded? Include very specific details to support your ideas.
- Select at least 2-3 additional quotes from the article to support your interpretation. Introduce and analyze each quote. Connect the quote to your main persuasive theme.
- Make sure each paragraph uses a topic sentence that connects to the main persuasive theme of the essay.