Members: Bryant Armistead, Christiyana Marks, Sarah Scrivner, Katherine Turpin, Xingfang Xie (Jubilee), Christina Yard Emanis

10.19.2017

Project Charter: Preparing for further education

Background

This project, creating a program to help prepare older children in Mexico for further education, exists to provide the children with the foundation and information they require to make decisions about their future education themselves.

Goals

·       Create an informational lesson/database for educational opportunities and what is required to achieve them.

·       Meet with educators in Mexico to relay our information for scholarships to show 10-13 year old students in Mexico how to apply for international scholarships.

Scope

This will be a continuous program that we will revisit the building and program each year for two weeks. During the first two weeks that we go in and teach the group of students as well as attracting community leaders that will continue motivating the youth to strive for a global education.

Key Stakeholders

Client        

Schools in Mexico that would allow the program to reach their students

Sponsor

Donor of the original $10,000, scholarship organizations

Project manager

Christina Yard Emanis:  is a graphic designer of thirty years and a business student at ASU seeking a degree in organizational leadership. I would like to see us do something that serves the underclass in an impoverished community abroad. We have to go abroad in our course instruction.

Project team members

Bryant Armistead, Christiyana Marks, Sarah Scrivner, Katherine Turpin, Xingfang Xie (Jubilee), Christina Yard Emanis

Roles and responsibilities

Christina: Graphics and Communication since I only work 20 hours. I would love to offer graphic design skills and communication assistance. Video recording of meetings. I will sacrifice my nights just to stay up for my classmates who are in Mountain and I am in CST.  I will help with tech and any kind of data collection. Videos of field adventure. Our photographer should be Christiyana.

Katie: Writing because it’s my one of my strengths

Bryant: Having prior experience with Digication I will be able to help out in the design and posting of our webpage. Meeting for discussion, taking notes and being able to contribute material that can either be built upon or dismissed.

Sarah: Edit work before submission, additional areas

Xingfang (Jubilee): I can work with Christina for helping students finding good Universities/programs in different countries around the world by using GIS or Graphics and communication skills. In addition, I would like to present and persuade by showing the benefits of having a high education through communication with the students and their parents.

Project Milestones, Objectives

October 21, 2017 - Send a video our team effort to reach out to a need in a foreign country.

October 28, 2017 - Web site of our team mission with bios of Team or Team Identity. Team Charter. Psychological Contract. Partnership with a Pre-existing Service.

November __, 2017 - Round 2 can earn 60% to 100%

November __, 2017 - Round 3 can earn 60% to 100%       

Schedule

____ Locate a range of schools who we reach out to over email, phone, and then in person upon arrival. Specific times in which information is relayed to schools isn’t important, as long as it is within the period of the visit.

____ Once arrival date for the team is decided, Mexico will need documentation of our arrival and departure dates.

Project Budget

Overall budget: $10,000

Project Expenses:

-Website with information about the scholarships as a resource for the students ($10 a month)

- Hand-held flyers for potential clients ($30 per location. Graphic designer already part of the team)

- Project team traveling to Mexico (paid out of pocket, not part of company costs. Group member has family in Mexico who the group will stay with for lodging.)

Constraints, Assumptions, Risks and Dependencies

Constraints     

-We will be foreigners and therefore, will not have the liberty to go any where we choose. We will have to have passports and work visas.

-We all have other responsibilities throughout the weeks, and these responsibilities (such as work, children, family in general) will likely get in the way of team productivity from time to time.

-We need to be respectful of their culture and its expectations and norms. This may mean that we cannot behave in certain manners that we might normally.

Assumptions

-There are communities that want outside help. There are a lot of cultures that do not trust outsiders and Americans.

-Some people may be very prideful and not want the assistance. There will always be some though that will welcome our assistance with open arms.

Risks and Dependencies

-There is risk of imprisonment, confiscation of our property and the capital we want to invest in the people. Bad news coverage if we make a mistake or fail.

-The laws are very different in this country and not always consistent. We must make sure that we do not do anything that could result in fines, confiscations, or jail time.

- Need to make sure our service is repeatable and self managing to carry on after we have exhausted our time.

- Outside contributors

Team's Desired Level of Mastery in the Material: Expert

- We are prepared to sacrifice our extra time throughout the weeks during this course to study more heavily on the course material.